Key verse: Luke 2:14 KJV
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
Other verses to think about:
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
“When a man’s ways please the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.”
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."
1. How would you define "peace?" What is it?
2. Is "peace on earth" even possible?
3. What does Christ, or Christmas in particular have to do with peace?
4. What is the "peace that passes all understanding" referred to in Philippians 4:6-7?
5. How can we get this peace?
6. Do you believe Christians are called to be peacemakers? If so, what does that look like?
Questions restated – what is peace, how do we get it and what are we supposed to do about it?